Great Sport at Kovsies
Sport at Kovsies plays a very important role in the process of shaping and developing the student on campus. The achievements of our Kovsie sportsmen and -women are known provincially, nationally and even internationally. At Kovsies we have some of the best coaches and facilities, and offer competition at the highest level. KovsieSport also offers excellent recreational opportunities, including an HP facility for fitness and wellness.
Participate, get involved and experience the fun of being a student by practising your favourite sport.
What do we offer?
To anyone who wishes to take part in sport, the UFS offers
- The best coaching
- The best facilities
- Opportunities for competition at the highest level
- Recreational opportunities including a gymnasium
Participate, become involved, be part of Kovsies and experience the fun of being a student. Make use of the opportunities that come your way in order to become a fully balanced person.
For any enquiries or advice, call KovsieSport
Tel: +27(0)51 401 2580
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bursaries: Frans van der Watt
Bursaries application form: download here
|KOVSIE SPORT STAFF|
||Director of Sport|
||Athletics,Cross Country, Road Runnning|
|Frans van der Watt
Administration, Finance, Sport Bursaries and Marketing
|Hockey (Field / Indoor)|
|Burta de Kock
||Netball, Swimming, Cycling, Triathlon, Chess|
|Janine de Kock
|Tennis, Squash, Badminton, Table Tennis|
| Ben Zwane
||Athletics, Cross Country, Road Running|
|Burta de Kock
|Rocky le Roux
Sport facilities (See campus map for location of venues)
- Pelliespark, the heart of the athletics club, with a modern clubhouse and all the amenities you need.
- Three cross-country courses.
- Shimla Park, the mecca of rugby, boasts a fully equipped clubhouse and an additional four rugby fields.
- Five excellent soccer pitches.
- A tennis complex with 18 courts, 2 fitted with floodlights and a clubhouse.
- A cricket clubhouse with 5 fields and 20 nets.
- Netball facilities with 8 courts and a clubhouse.
- A standard swimming pool.
- Badminton hall catering for table tennis, badminton, indoor hockey and volleyball.
- A squash centre with 5 courts
- Two astro hockey fields and a clubhouse with change rooms and 4 grass fields
- Two basketball courts.
Last updated: 17 November 2014 11:12